Once you have been admitted into the art major, you will be advised by University College advisors until you have exceeded 24 credit hours.
After you have earned 24 credit hours, you will need to schedule future appointments with your departmental advisor in the School of Art.
To schedule an appointment, please call Christina Cassels in the School of Art at 309.438.5622. We are located in the Center for the Visual Arts, Room 119.
Advising hours are available Monday through Friday 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Deanna Deatrick, Academic Advisor, CVA 119D, 309.438.5605, email@example.com
Nancy Fewkes, Assistant to the Director, CVA 119C, 309.438.5627, firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Advising at Illinois State University is an integral part of the educational process. Working in partnership with advisors, students learn about academic policies, procedures, and university resources to develop strategies to pursue their individual educational goals.
Illinois State advisors
- provide an encouraging and supportive environment for students to share their goals, concerns, and interests.
- understand and effectively communicate Illinois State degree requirements.assist students in making informed course decisions and finding majors.refer students to appropriate resources.maintain confidentiality of student records as outlined in the University Catalog.
- uphold the values, policies, and procedures of their schools, departments, and Illinois State University.
Illinois State students
- schedule regular and timely appointments with their advisors.
- regularly review their academic progress and assume responsibility for meeting academic requirements.
- craft coherent educational plans based on assessment of abilities, aspirations, interests, and values.
- read both print and electronic university communication and respond when required.
- assume responsibility for all decisions and actions which may impact academic and career options.