ORAT maintains six computer labs for the College of Fine Arts, and assists with other technology rich spaces in the College:
- Our main lab, CVA 138, offers both Mac and Windows machines, scanners, keyboards, and printing. All of the software we use in the College is represented in 138. No classes are scheduled there, so you can usually find a spot to do your work.
- CVA 140 – (Macintosh G4) graphics and web applications. Many graphic design courses are taught in this space that offers access to software such as Quark, Photoshop, and Illustrator. The lab is open to students when courses are not scheduled in it.
- CVA 45 – (Macintosh G3) Graphic Design lab. Offers applications as found in CVA 140 are in CVA 45.
- CVA 50 – (Windows) Graphics, web, and digital audio; web broadcast possible; slide scanning available. Arts Technology and Art are the primary users of this lab. This lab is also an open lab when not in use by classes. Digital Audio using Audition and Acid is taught in this room.
- CW 303A – (Macintosh G4) Theatre Design lab. Theatre students often occupy this lab, which is also home to several Theatre Design classes that use Vectorworks, Lightwright, and Poser. It has a single Windows machine to make Aaron Paolucci and his sound designers happy, as their preferred tool is Adobe's Audition.
- CW 315 – (Macintosh G5 and G4) Music lab. All Music majors are required to take one semester hour of instruction in this lab, which has new Mac G5s, midi keyboards, and multimedia software programs, including Sibelius, Reason, Logic, and MaxMSP+Jitter. This is our most recently upgraded lab. The labs is open to students when courses are not scheduled in it..
We also have a digital audio lab/recording studio in CVA 15, which we plan to upgrade this year to create a better recording facility and to integrate more smoothly with the adjacent digital video lab operated by the School of Art.
ORAT also assists in the maintenance of the Midi Studio in Cook 211. The School of Music owns several midi instruments (wind controller and midi guitar, as well as keyboards). We provide a Mac G5 workstation and several other modules to support midi sequencing and performance.