The Ticket Office in the Illinois State University Center for the Performing Arts handles tickets for all College of Fine Arts events, including music and theatre performances in the Center for the Performing Arts, the Illinois Shakespeare Festival, theatre performances in Westhoff Theatre, and the Madrigal Dinners at the Alumni Center.
The Ticket Office is located in the Center for the Performing Arts lobby open 11 am to 5 pm, Monday through Thursday, and noon to 5 pm on Friday. There are several metered spaces on School Street for Ticket Office business, or you can avoid the hassle and call (309) 438-2535. Order your tickets by credit card in advance over the phone -- there is no extra charge, and when you come to the performance, you can breeze through the expedited will-call ticket line to avoid waiting.
Note: When picking up tickets directly before a Westhoff performance, Madrigal performance, or Illinois Shakespeare Festival performance, a separate box office is set up at the performance location.
Recitals, Freestage performances, and Gallery Exhibits
These events are usually free and are not ticketed through the Ticket Office. University Galleries accepts donations from visitors, but does not charge to view exhibits.
Tickets are only valid until 10 minutes before a performance, at which time all empty seats will be made available for sale to those who are present and whose names are on the waiting list.
Patrons who arrive after a performance has been started for a Westhoff Theatre production will not be seated until intermission if there is one (this is for safety requirements due to the intimate nature of the space -- entering the theatre requires walking on the stage). For events in the Center for the Performing Arts, patrons may be seated late at the discretion of the House Manager during an appropriate break in the performance.
Exchanges can be made for a $2.00 exchange fee per ticket at least 24 hours in advance. (First exchange fee is waived for subscribers.) Tickets can not be refunded. Madrigal Dinner tickets must be purchased at least 48 hours in advance and there are no refunds due to the cost of the meals.
For our sold out performances, patrons may request to be added to the waiting list, in case any tickets for a performance become available. *Please note that there are a limited number of available slots. Contact the ticket office for more information.
Student Non-major Pass:
- Music passes are intended for non-music majors and theatre passes are intended for non-theatre majors.
- Each School of Music or School of Theatre and Dance non-major pass and FlexPass is good for events during the 2011-2012 school year. Visit the University Calendar or the the Ticketmaster link on this page for a complete list of events.
- Passes must be redeemed for a ticket at the CPA box office for each event the pass holder attends. (Redemptions are not available at Braden Auditorium.)
- The pass may be redeemed only by the person whose name appears on the pass.
- Pass holders may be asked to present a valid ISU Redbird Card to redeem their pass for a ticket.
- Attendee’s using FlexPass tickets must be current Illinois State University students.
- Passes may be redeemed for tickets up to 15 minutes prior to the start time of each performance.
- When the pass is redeemed for a ticket, the pass will be punched by a member of the box office staff. The pass is no longer valid once 6 punches have been made for non-major Theatre or Music passes; or 8 punches for the FlexPass .
- Theatre passes are good for one performance of each of the 6 School of Theatre performances. Music passes are good for up to 6 School of Music performances in the Center for the Performing Arts. The pass is not valid for non-School of Music events such as WGLT Jazz Master and other performances sponsored outside the School of Music.
- The Music pass is not valid for Music for the Holidays.
Contact the CPA box office at 309.438.2535 for more information.
Directions and Parking Information