MM in Music Performance
All Music Performance Majors at Illinois State University are afforded the opportunity of intensive study in their medium with a highly qualified and professionally accomplished artist-teacher.
Faculty members who are active performers will guide your preparations to enter the exciting and demanding world of music performance. Performance degrees are offered in all orchestral and band instruments, as well as in piano, guitar, and voice.
Illinois State University graduates in music performance have found successful careers in a variety of performance settings from major symphony orchestras, to the premier military bands, to Broadway and opera. Many pursue graduate degrees in performance at other leading music schools. In many cases this has led to a successful career in advanced teaching and performance at the college level.
- Keyboard Pedagogy & Performance
- Band & Orchestral Instruments
- Classical Guitar
- Complete Admission & Audition requirements for graduate students.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.8.
- Submission of placement credential file or three professional letters of recommendation
- Present a live performance audition (taped auditions may be submitted for provisional admission).
- Entrance examinations in theory and music history/literature must be taken before the first semester of enrollment.
The current Plan of Study for the Master of Music in Performance is available for download.
For more information about your specific area, contact the faculty member in charge of your particular instrument or field of study. For more detailed information about the Master of Music-Performance degree contact