Illinois State University String Project
The nationally recognized and award winning Illinois State University String Project is an after-school music program that offers low-cost instruction on stringed instruments to kids in the community. The purpose of the program is to support existing public school string programs and to provide string education to those enrolled in schools where no program is available. The ISU String Project was named the 2013 National String Project of the Year.
Click here to view this year's registration information, class schedule, and scholarship information. You can also read about our faculty and college assistants here.
String Project NEWS!
WELCOME STRING PROJECT FAMILIES!
New to String Project?
- Does your child have prior experience playing a stringed instrument and would like to join our program? Placement auditions for spring semester will be held in mid-January.
- We will begin a new class of 3rd and 4th grade beginners Fall 2016.
Please click here for current class information on all of our classes. For fall semester dates, visit the Calendar & Documents Pages.
2015 Winter Concert - Friday, December 11th, 7pm
Our Winter Concert will be held in the ISU Center for Performing arts on Friday, December 11th, at 7pm. The concert is free and open to the public. Seating will begin at 6:45pm.
Please note the following arrival times for each class:
Sinfonia on stage 5:00PM - 5:25 PM. (arrive between 4:45-5:00PM)
Vivace on stage 5:25 PM. - 5:50 PM. (arrive between 5:05 - 5:20)
Allegro/Fairbury Allegro on stage 5:50 PM. - 6:15 PM (arrive between 5:35-5:50)
Dolce/Fairbury Dolce on stage 6:15 PM - 6:40 PM. (arrive between 6:00-6:15)
String Project Class Home Pages
Click on any of the class names below to visit the home pages of our String Project classes:
About String Project
ISU’s String Project is currently in its thirteenth year. Students meet for weekly practice sessions under the guidance of ISU faculty, graduate, and undergraduate music majors. This endeavor is designed to bring the joy of music and playing string instruments to children in both group and private settings. The ISU String Project was named the 2013 National String Project of the Year at the National ASTA Conference in Providence, Rhode Island.
String Project Features:
- Beginning instruction for children entering 3rd or 4th grade on violin, viola, cello, or bass- No prior musical training is necessary!
- Continued instruction for students entering 4th through 8th grades. Low cost, group lessons. Partial Scholarships are available for families with financial need.
- Opportunity to enroll in private lessons.
- String Project students are generally responsible for renting their own instrument. However, we do own some instruments that are available for participant use. Please inquire.
ISU String Project is a member of the National String Project Consortium, an organization committed to the development and growth of string education across the nation.
Click on the picture below to visit our official String Project Facebook page and LIKE us!
Visit our Facebook page for news and announcements!
For more information, please contact Dr. Adriana Ransom at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 309-438-8009.