Please follow these guidelines when submitting your play:
- Submissions must be:
- A full-length play.
- Musicals and plays with music are eligible for the program. However, we can only provide piano accompaniment for rehearsals and the staged reading.
- The primary language of the play must be English. Other languages in the play may be presented through English translations (provided by the playwright) for the staged reading.
- There are no other restrictions in subject matter or style.
- A playwright may only submit one play per year. The work must be submitted by the playwright rather than a literary agent or other third party.
- Submissions must be the original work of the playwright, which may include adaptations of fictional or factual material. Translations of other playwrights’ work are not accepted.
- The submitting playwright must be either the owner and controller of the copyright or provide written proof that they have acquired the legal right to use copyrighted material (including source material for adaptations) in their work.
- Plays that have been produced or published professionally are ineligible for the program. Plays that have been presented through staged readings, workshops, university productions, or community theatre productions are eligible.
- A playwright (including finalists) may submit a play that they submitted in a previous year if there have been substantive revisions.
- The Crossroads Project reserves the right to accept or reject any submitted play for any reason.
To submit your play, use the play submission form.
We will contact semi-finalists by the end of November 2023 and ask them to submit the full play.
The winning playwright will be notified by the end of January 2024.