Friends of the Arts is an independent volunteer organization which advocates and raises funds for the Wonsook Kim College of Fine Arts. In addition to funding scholarships, FOA also provides grants to Wonsook Kim College of Fine Arts students in amounts up to $500 for an individual and up to $1,000 for a group. Grants must be for student-initiated and managed projects and may be used to support:
- Wonsook Kim College of Fine Arts student creative projects, exhibitions, and performances
- Sponsorship of events that engage Wonsook Kim College of Fine Arts students, alumni, friends, and community partners
- Educational conference attendance fees, food, and lodging
Until restrictions resulting from COVID-19 are lifted, the following amendments to normal FOA rules are in effect:
- FOA will fund online conference fees but not expenses associated with in-person attendance at conferences.
- FOA will fund expenses for projects, exhibitions, performances, and events approved for online presentation by the student faculty advisor.
Get in Touch
For questions about grants, contact us at FOA@IllinoisState.edu
Grant Application Guidelines
- Applications must be for a planned or in-progress project. FOA does not consider applications for completed projects.
- If applying as a group, requestor must identify the group by name and list the members.
- Though students may receive a grant more than once, FOA gives priority to first-time grant applicants.
- Because competition for funding is greater later in the academic year, students are encouraged to apply early.
- Students awarded grants should contact Friends of the Arts for help with event publicity.
FOA does fund:
- Purchase of a software subscription if the University does not already own a license for student use. NOTE: If software is not offered by subscription, FOA will fund up to 50% of the cost of the license purchase.
- Equipment rental
FOA does not fund:
- Projects whose purpose or partial purpose is to raise funds for a cause
- Equipment purchase
- Transportation to events
Grant Application Deadline Dates
Grant application deadlines have not yet been set for the 2021-2022 academic year.