Graphic Design - Bachelor of Fine Arts Internships
Graphic Design internships are strongly recommended for all graphic design students.
- provide a professional experiential learning environment beyond the classroom.
- enhance students’ skills, professionalism, networking, and ethics centered around equity.
- prepare graduates for transition from student to practicing professional.
- bridge the gap between the classroom and the business of graphic design, helping students understand applied design through client-based projects.
- drive students to reach beyond their comfort zone and broaden their skills and experiences.
- help students seek successful employment after graduation within the design industry with employers seeking to hire designers with professional experience.
Internships are available to upper-level graphic design majors who are currently enrolled in or have completed Typography. Students can intern at Illinois State University or with community partners in Bloomington-Normal. Students interested in internship credit must contact Professor of Graphic Design Archana Shekara at ashekar@IllinoisState.edu.
- Faith in Action
- McLean County Museum of History
- Normal Public Library
- Town of Normal
Illinois State University
- Technology Solutions
- Bone Student Center
- Career Services
- Wonsook Kim College of Fine Arts Dean's Office
- Horticulture Center
- Student Health Services
- University Marketing
- Web and Interactive Communications (WEB)